While many of the classes at the fitness facilities with Columbia Association (CA) are drop-in classes, there are also classes available to Package Plan Plus (PPP) members that require members to pre-register for the class. Those are classes where space is truly limited due to the equipment used in class — weights, steps, bikes, etc.
I like this method of pre-registering for classes a lot better than just hoping to beat other people to class on class night. As a busy person, it is frustrating to make the time for a fitness class only to find out that all the spots are full, and that you either need to use the machines instead or go home. With pre-registering for classes, you know you are going to have a spot in the class. That is awesome!
There are three ways to sign up for these classes with the fitness facilities of CA 25 hours in advance of the class, or 36 hours in advance if the class meets at or before 6 a.m.:
- You can pre-register for classes using Booking Plus. You can find the Booking Plus site via the Columbia Association (CA) website.
- You can call one of the fitness facilities’ numbers for pre-registering.
- Columbia Athletic Club at 410-730-6744
- Supreme Sports Club at 410-381-5355
- Columbia Gym at 410-531-0800
- After hours you can call Sports Club which is open 24 hours.
- Or, you can sign up in person at the front of the fitness facility desk.
I have found being able to schedule my fitness classes has really helped me with staying on top of my fitness goals unlike in years past when I would join a gym and never go. If I sign up for it, I’m much more likely to go than if I just said, “Tonight I’m going to the gym.” If I’ve signed up, I’ve already made a commitment. It’s worked for me so far!
Melissa Sinclair works in the Communications & Engagement Division at Columbia Association (CA). Melissa recently moved to Columbia with her three-generation family. She has lived in more than a dozen cities and is looking forward to making Columbia, Md., her permanent home! Click here to read more of Melissa’s Getting to Know CA series.